15 March 2011

Making Do

Money is tight these days. This is when we really get creative. Reusing, recycling, repurposing.

Ephemera and rejected prints are my new materials.

The studio smells of beeswax.








These paper garlands are now available at these fine stores in Portland, Ore:

Powells Books on Hawthorne
3747 SE Hawthorne Blvd

Lulu's Vintage
916 W Burnside

Mag-Big
3279 SE Hawthorne Blvd


Learning about foraging. I called them weeds and I pulled them out of our yard. They are edible wild plants and I will bring them into the kitchen.


3 comments:

Anitra Cameron said...

Love the new garlands! And I'm dying to know: What are you doing with the skillet? What does the wax do to the ephemera/paper bits, and what do you then use them for? I have this feeling I may need to be on the lookout for a used electric skillet....

loaded hips press said...

Yes, I highly recommend acquiring an electric skillet! It's for melting beeswax. Beeswax + paper = endless possibilities. I found this one for $6 at Goodwill.

Are you curious about me? said...

Love your blog, you have inspired me to try waxing some of my work..