20 September 2010

What are your favorite things about Fall?

Today as I came inside and stood in the kitchen there was a little click like the sound of an M&M dropping to the floor. When I looked down, there was a red ladybug crawling on the tile. It must be good luck to bring in a ladybug with you. As the days get darker sooner, the air smells like campfire, and the flowers start to rot, I think about the insects and how this is the last time we see them before the cold kicks in.

At the playground, Desmond and I collect these:



... and the night sky struggles to turn pink amid the dark Portland rain clouds. Everyone has their scarves on.

Petals rot off rosehips, the dahlias have one last bloom, and we get to harvest our goodies from the garden.



The autumnal equinox always bring new creativity.

What are your favorite things about this time of year?

3 comments:

Emily said...

That magical autumn light, pumpkin patch trips, crunchy leaves, soup!,sweaters, school supplies, and even though I shant indulge, clove cigarettes are totally fall-ish to me!

Great post! Can't wait to see all that is to come!

Tina Allman said...

The changing colours,
Squirrels busying themselves,The fact that I can kick the leaves as I walk along the kerb.
I love snuggling under the duvet knowing that I'm inside while the rain hammers against the window.
I like the crisp mornings that creep in and bring with them the morning dew that sits on a web like a piece of art.

Anitra Cameron said...

Sitting in front of a cozy fire in the fireplace, the sound of rain on the roof, the return of 3-bean soup, knowing all this gray drizzle is what keeps Portland such a lovely shade of green.