25 January 2010

Time For Lovin Again


It's that time of year, ladies and gents. Time for hard candy, whispers, sweetness, huggin' and lovin'. And the Reading Frenzy's valentine show. In Chloe's words:

Almost every year we organize this event to benefit a small, local non-profit. This year's recipient is the Special Education PTA of Portland* (SEPTAP). SEPTAP is a network of parents, educators and community members working together to improve the education and well being of students with disabilities in their schools, homes and communities. http://www.septap.org

Thanks!

xChloe

*Full disclosure -- I helped start this organization in 2008, serve on the Executive Committee, and am a member.



Please help support Chloe's Reading Frenzy, such a vital small bookstore in our community. I've been cleaning out my stuff and going through all my old Acme Novelty Library books, many of which I purchased at Reading Frenzy when I first moved to Portland over ten years ago! Ah such fond memories. Chloe is always there to support local artists by organizing events such as this one.


There's a First Thursday opening and you are welcome to bid on any artwork. 50% of the sale will go towards Special Education PTA this year. Golly! It's like supporting three causes in one.



Here's a little sneak peek at my entry:

1 comment:

Pim said...

How exciting! I can't wait to check it out! Reading Frenzy fed my High School zine obsession in a major way. I love that place!