26 June 2009

Birthdays!

Everybody's talking about the death of pop culture icons. But around here we're celebrating birthdays, like the Cancer homebodies that we are.

Happy birthday mom! This is a sketch of my mom when she was in high school, which will soon be a linocut once I start printing again.



Isn't she beautiful? I love you, mom.

Wednesday was my birthday. I spent a nice quiet day with my favorite little guy, who wasn't fussy or nothin'. Nathan came home with a big beautiful bouquet. Sigh!

Here's our Rob Brezny horoscope for this week, fellow Cancerians:

"His heart was growing full of broken wings and artificial flowers," wrote Federico GarcĂ­a Lorca. "In his mouth, just one small word was left." There were times during the first half of June when I was tempted to borrow those words to describe you. Now, you're moving into a much brighter phase. The buds that are about to bloom in your heart are very much alive, and your wings, while not fully restored to strength, are healing. Meanwhile, your mouth is even now being replenished with a fresh supply of many vivid words..."


I believe it -- healing from childbirth; new artwork instead of words. Here are the latest linoleum blocks waiting for a fresh coat of ink. Til then Desmond is my number one priority.


(these are rubbings made with crayons on rice paper)

2 comments:

Janice La Verne said...

sorry i couldn't figure out the address thing...

2320 Hawkins Ln.
Eugene, Or. 97405


best, Janice

loaded hips press said...

Sorry for any confusion. Your print is in the mail!

Shannon