27 November 2008

Things I Am Thankful For:

- sleeping in
- the sun on a cold crisp day
- my healthy body
- my husband
- the sound of dry leaves under my feet
- new pens
- the smell of good coffee
- key lime pie
- my neurotic kitty cat
- my family, especially my mom, my brother, and my 90 year old grandma still kickin
- my record player
- people who get dressed up, especially with hats and gloves
- my favorite scarf of 7 years
- my friends, my second family, who I don't see enough of
- dark chocolate
- my new belly
- people who value art and music
- old movie theaters
- Portland, Oregon - where else could I possibly live now that I'm here
- Etsy
- fried chicken
- our new president

Things I Am Not Thankful For:
- violent people
- squirrels in my bird feeders
- Proposition 8 and the hate

What are you thankful for?

6 comments:

Indira said...

I'm thankful that I am back home, safe and sound. Good coffee, good conversation, good food. Our beautiful planet AND the squirrels at my bird feeders! (Why? because they keep all the other squirrel riff-raff away.)

loaded hips press said...

Welcome back to the Northwest!

Our squirrels are bullies. They chase the birds away and dump the seed on the ground. Nathan and Linus have made slingshots...

Janice La Verne said...

i felt awful about prop 8. it was strange to be so happy about Obama, and so sad about prop 8.

but, comments like yours and all the wonderful people in the world who care about gay rights make it so much better.

and... to be truthful i am amazed we have come this far in 20 years. it'll happen...

janice (lesbo, have i mentioned this fact?) from Eugene

Janice La Verne said...

that last sentence really didn't make sense. I meant to say i was a lesbian. goodness!

loaded hips press said...

Janice, I want my friends to be safe and happy and for us all to have the same rights. This is why I moved away from the South!

Janice La Verne said...

me too. many thanks.