26 August 2008

Japanese Blocks


Japanese blocks, originally uploaded by loaded hips.

Currently I'm trying to learn Japanese. We're off to a slow start really, I can say some formalities... but my goal is to learn so I can travel to Japan in two years and visit my friend Naoko (hi Naoko! Hey Anne, wanna come too?)

Right now I'm reading Mishima's short stories. Already a fan of Murakami and the horror graphic novels of Uzumaki... and well Japanese fashion and design in general. Sad, I guess, but what can you say when you live in Portland and you're dreaming of visiting Japan...

These blocks I'm told are for children learning romanji. Let's learn together...

3 comments:

Emily said...

YAY for travel and learning!

artslice said...

Good for you, sounds like a great plan! These little blocks are adorable.

Lulu said...

I would love to travel to Japan with you and visit Naoko!
If we're going to go, I'll have to break out the Japanese language c.d.s that she gave me and Chris!
Let's get together soon!
-Lulu