02 July 2008

Plastics!

This past week I acquired some new loot of the plastic variety that I'm very excited about. The first of which was given to me as a birthday gift by my dear friend Emily. Behold...



Campus Cuties!!

No longer will I marvel at these little ladies from afar. I now have a starter set, which sadly means I might be swayed into abandoning what little social life I have to obsessively collecting these plastic/stylized wonders on *gasp* Ebay...

I would like to add, as Emily points out, they have no derrier to speak of! (Sorry, no picture to illustrate this point.)

My next wonderful new plastic article is ....



From a previous show at the Basil Hallward Gallery. The theme was items from the dollar store, re-purposed and priced at $1. I'm feeling a little grumpy with the internet right now so I'm slacking off on finding any further info on the group of artists from Seattle who came up with the whole brilliant idea. Let's just say there was lots of packaging and expressive use of pipe cleaners and googly eyes. A ++, guys! Here's my new magical horse, braving the rocky terrain with a little extra special hindquarter magic!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I'm so thrilled you like your Cuties. Perhaps I will show you my FULL SET and get you hooked!

I love the Dollar store idea! I wish I had seen that show. Did you know there's going to be an opening at the BH Gallery tonight? I hear it's pretty amazing stuff. Gestural. Highly recommended.