04 February 2008

I promised myself I wouldn't blog about this....

...but sometimes it's cathartic
to do things you feel are taboo.

I listened to this album on my headphones while riding in the car with my brother over a month ago. Riding through northern California in winter. Around Mt. Shasta. Back from our dad's funeral. I had a plane ticket to Portland but I opted to ride back with my brother. I listened to this song on repeat....



I also had a stack of my dad's cds to listen to.

At first, it's hard to move or take things. When someone has them a certain way. For years. You pick them up and there's a ring of dust. And sometimes you listen to someone else's music, thinking you might solve a riddle that way.

I listened to those cds,
but none of my questions were answered.

No comments: