29 September 2007

Rest In Peace Miss Kitty


Miss Kitty, remember when I found you howling in our tree?

What were you doing up there?

And then when you finally crawled down, remember when you sat in my lap all day and would not let me get up?

Remember when you made that awful sound at the front door, and came running into the house with a bird in your mouth, feathers flying down the hallway?

Remember the dismembered squirrel bodies you left in the yard? I don't want to know where the heads are, do I?

Remember how you and Mischief always knew when there was a snake in the garage, and your eyes would get really big, and you would pace around the door?

Remember when we accidently closed the garage door when you were sleeping on top of it, and you made a cat scream, but then you were ok, and we pampered you and you forgave us?

Remember curling up in a little ball close to me while I did my homework or drew in my notebooks?



Because I remember.

Thanks for choosing us, Miss Kitty. Wherever you are now may you still have a lizard tail hanging out of your mouth and a big yard full of squirrels to chase and a heapin' plate of stinky wet cat food... XXOO

4 comments:

m.Lee said...

I'm sorry to hear about your loss, we lost one of our cats a week before I had my daughter this month. It's still a sore spot and I think it always will be.

loaded hips press said...

That darn cycle of life thing!

My cat was really old, we were prepared for her to go, I guess, but I still had some tears.

Emily said...

I'm so sorry, darling. Meow.

MizDayzi said...

With a nod to T. S. Eliot and "Old Possums Book of Practical Cats", Miss Kitty was our Old Gumbie Cat (although she was a calico, not a tabby). Perhaps she is at the Jellicle ball waiting to begin her new life. Have a great new life, Miss Kitty and thank you the 21 years of your 22-year-old life that you spent with us. With love from the fish lady.